1) Write/Send Press Releases
Here’s a list of press release services below. Some of these will charge a fee to post your press release. To find free press release services, search in Google for: free press release service.
Make it easier to find your press release by including social media tags (Technorati, DIGG, De.licio.us). SHIFT Communications (shiftcomm.com) created a template you can use to help build a news release so that it includes important elements of distribution (download the template in pdf format here).
2) Register in search directories: See article: 5 Ways to Get Your Website Listed Locally
3) Ask your family, friends, and employees to make your website their HOME (landing page) in their internet browser.
4) Ask your family, friends, and associates who have websites to include a link to your website from their website. Promote information on your site that is useful, relevant, or timely that addresses your client’s concerns. Tell people about this content on your website.
5) Ask professional and business associations to link to your website. Contact local businesses and tell them about your site. Let them know you have useful content available, and send them links to pages on your website (such as your financial calculators page).
6) Ask companies you do business with to link to your website.
TIP: People will more likely want to link to your website if you provide useful content on your site. For example, if you are a Financial Advisor include online financial calculators on your site. Or, you can include several relevant and useful article about personal finance with links to finance-related websites. See the article, 11 Ways to Add Useful Content on Your Website
7) Write articles to share your industry knowledge or life experience related to your industry. When you have articles ready to post on the web, go to some of the following sites to post them:
8) Once you have a few newsworthy article on your site, submit your site to: urlwire.com
9) Pay a syndication service to distribute your article. You must rewrite your article to be slightly different versions and submit to several services.
10) Participate in online discussion groups and social networking sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, MySpace, Twitter or Blogs) where you can mention your site in discussion groups. Write and/or respond to blogs. Add a blog to your website and invite others to write on your blog. Remember to provide links back to your business website to give your website ranking a boost in Google.
11) Advertise with pay-per-click ads.
Google AdWords: http://adwords.google.com/select/Login
12) Get more links to your website. Submit your site to directories such as Joe Ant, GoGuides, BOTW, Ezilon, Rubberstamped and Massive Links.
Linkpartners.com is a free service with a huge list of people who want to exchange links. It is associated with paid service called linksmanager.com TIP: Google does not like purchased links, so paid link services are not recommended or listed here.