Answering these questions will help you generate content for an FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions) page. Or, you can create several blog posts on your site to answer these questions, which creates several blog posts containing keywords relevant to your business.
1) What are the most often asked questions (from prospects or clients) in your industry?
2) What do people need to know in order to make a good/informed decision about whether to hire you, or buy your product/service?
3) What mistakes do people make by not hiring a good company (or you)?
4) What questions do you get asked most on the telephone?
5) What questions and comments do you hear most at trade shows?
A general list of FAQs, you can include on your website:
What services do you offer?
What’s Your (Industry) experience:
What is your approach?
Will you be working with me, or will a staff member or partner be working with me?
Do you offer ongoing advice or support?
What are your areas of expertise?
What are your educational qualifications?
What licenses do you have?
Is your firm registered? With what agencies?
How do I pay for your services?
What do you typically charge?
Do you have a minimum fee?
How long have you been in business?
Can you provide references?