Answering these questions will help you generate content for your ABOUT page.
1) What influences the client and what motivates them to buy your products or services? What ideas must you use to grab their attention?
Show that you and your business is the EXPERT, providing a real solution to the client’s particular needs. The real motivation to buy is driven by the need of the buyer to solve a specific problem. Aim to communicate your ideas to “clients”, not “customers.” The difference between the two is that a client is under the care, protection and guidance of a dedicated expert in the field.
The best way of convincing potential clients that you are an expert is by giving them MARKET DATA, showing their pain and problem, and motivating them to buy. You should aim to ‘BECOME THE MARKET EDUCATOR’, using real market data as the prime motivation for tempting the client to use your services.
2) How much of an expert at buying your particular product is your client? When you approach it from this angle, it changes everything, because your job then is to HELP your client. You will be giving them the knowledge they need to make an informed decision to buy.
3) What does the client need to know in order to make an informed decision about buying your products and services?
Your Company: (Story/Mission/Vision/Values)
Use these questions to help you fill in your story line:
4) What Do You Do?
5) We provide the support you [the client] need to __________
6) When you work with us [you get/experience/receive…] _________
7) If you need [this benefit] then ____________________
8) Who Are You?
9) What Do You Believe?
10) Where Did You Come from? How did your company get started?
How We Work
11) How Do You Work (processes/steps)?
12) Where you came from (work/life background)?
13) What is your expertise/talent/passion?
14) What is your special/unique contribution to the company?
Idea: Add the following to your site as an audio message on the HOME or ABOUT pages.
A brief BIO , made up of a brief one paragraph STORY about each owner/executive/partner/staff person. Make it personal and friendly, giving your business the ‘human touch.’
Remember to include photos of the owner(s), partners and staff.